Stearic Acid – 1kg
$21.00 inc. GST
Stearic Acid has many uses from food to personal care products. Common uses include:
- Soaps & Shampoos: Esters of stearic acid produce pearly effect in soaps and shampoos
- Skincare: Stearic acid is an intensive moisturizer in creams and lotions, and soaps of stearic acid can be used as emulsifiers
- Detergents/Disinfectants: Quaternary alkylammonium derivatives are used in the manufacture of detergents, antistatic agents & disinfectants
- Softening: Stearate salts of zinc, calcium, lead etc are used in softening PVC.
- In Tyres: Used as release agents in manufacturing of tyres
- Textile: Stearic acid with castor oil is used in textile sizing
- Fireworks: Used in firework to coat metal powder which prevents oxidation, allowing composition to be stored for long time
- Candies:Used with sugar or corn syrup as hardener in candies
- Candles: Used in candle making
- Dietary supplements: Used in dietary supplements as it is a fatty acid
- Fanning: Used as lubricant agent in playing cards
Stearic acid is safe to use in foods and other purpose. It is not hazardous when consumed in limited quantities.
3 in stock (can be backordered)