Disodium EDTA 500g
Disodium EDTA is a sequestering agent (also known as chelants, or chelating agents)– it binds up and makes impurities such as metal ions of iron, magnesium and calcium, and prevents them from interacting with other ingredients.
Disodium EDTA has many uses from food to personal care products. Common uses include:
- Shampoos Sequestering agent in shampoos & cleaners to improve stability
- Textile Industry Used to prevent metal ion impurities from modifying colors of dyed products
- Foods Used as preservative in some foods to prevent catalytic oxidative discoloration
- Laundry Used to remove water hardness in laundry applications
- Boilers Used to prevent scale formation in boilers due to water hardness
- Chelation Therapy Used to bind metal ions in chelation therapy
- Eye Drops Used as a preservative in Eye Drops
- Blood Test Used in blood analysis
- Titrations Used in complexometric titrations and analysis of water hardness
Disodium EDTA should not be consumed more than 3 grams per day and for not more than 5-7 days. Overconsumption may cause abdominal cramps, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, headache, low blood pressure, skin problems and fever. It is not recommended for pregnant women, heart patients, asthma patients and diabetes patients.
1 in stock (backorders allowed)