Copper Sulphate Bluestone 1kg
Copper Sulphate, also known as Bluestone or Blue Vitriol is a salt useful for a wide range of applications, including;
- Algaecide, used in water tanks to stop the growth of algae
- Crystal formation for school projects etc
- Fungicide – when mixed with lime it forms Bordeaux Mixture to control fungus on grapes, melons and berries
- Antiseptic agent
- In electroplating processes.
- Antifungal agent for topical use
- Treatment of copper deficiency
- Etching – Copper sulfate is also used to etch zinc plates for intaglio printmaking.
- Dyes – Copper sulfate can also be used as a mordant in vegetable dyeing.
- Foot Rot treatment – dissolved in water in a “foot bath” for sheep to pass through.
- Copper sulfate can be applied to your plants before disease starts as a preventative as well as when you begin to notice the dark spots of infection show.
- As an additive to swimming pools to clear the water and eliminate algae. Put 2.5grams (half a teaspoon) every 10 to 15 days into the skimmer box and let the pool pump run for at least 12 hours.
- Hoof treatment for thrush white-line disease and proud flesh
3 in stock (backorders allowed)