Make your own Beeswax Food Wraps at home and do away with plastic wrap forever. Beeswax Food Wraps are a reusable, sustainable and environmentally friendly alternative to keep food fresh. Beeswax Food Wraps are easy and fast to make.
There are a couple of different options:
You can use either White bleached Beeswax, Yellow Beeswax or Yellow Certified Organic Beeswax can be used. Any type of vegetable oil may be used – Almond, Sunflower, Apricot, Avocado, Soy, Rice Bran or Canola Oil may be used.
Food Wraps Recipe:
To make a number of Beeswax Food Wraps, all that is required is as little as 100g of Beeswax, plus some vegetable oil;
You will need:
- 1/3 cup grated organic beeswax
- 2/3 cup of organic almond oil
- 3 x 30cm x 30cm pieces of cotton fabric
- Small paintbrush
- Clothes pegs
- Lay the cloth pieces (washed, dried and cut into squares with pinking shears to prevent fabric fraying) on a clean baking tray in the oven at 80 degrees C to warm up the cloth for 10 minutes.
- Remove tray from oven and use the paintbrush to paint each piece of cloth with the hot wax and almond oil mixture.
- Turn over and brush the other side.
- Return to oven for 10 minutes.
- Take out and place on clothes line straight away and allow to cool. Done!
For more recipes, ideas, tips and tricks, drop us an email – contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org