Bouncy balls fun recipe with borax sodium tetraborate
Here’s a great Bouncy balls fun recipe to make bouncy balls with the kids. Based on borax and cornstarch, you can add in food colouring, mica, glitter or even fine sand to give your bouncy balls colour and texture!
Bouncy Balls Fun Recipe
- Warm water 1 cup (250ml)
- 2 tablespoons Borax (40g)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch (40g)
- 4 tablespoons white PVA glue (80g)
- Edible or food colors drop-wise to desired colour
- Two cups
- 1 big bowl
- Take 1 cup warm water and 2 tablespoons borax powder in a bowl and mix them.
- Take 2 tablespoons cornstarch, 4 tablespoons white glue and a few drops of food colors in another cup and mix them thoroughly.
- Pour the glue mixture in borax-warm water mixture and stir it well in order to avoid any lumps.
- This mixture will start hardening in few seconds.
- Take the mixture in your hands and roll it between your palms to give it the shape of a ball.
Note: These balls may flatten over time but you can roll them again between your hands to shape them again.
After you have made the balls from the mixture, you can store them in plastic bags or containers.
Number of balls from above mixture: You can around 2 – 3 balls from this mixture. It completely depends on the size of ball you want to make.